to kill time productively.!
Kill time and Productively? Sounds like an oxy moron right! Strange as it may sound, there are a few things you can do in this lockdown for fun as well as to sharpen your skills.
Here is a list of 5 things that’s keeping me occupied.!
- Cooking* – Kitchen is the right place to put in your creative skills together. Select new ingredients, mix and match them up to create a taste that activates your taste buds and become a chef. Chan! Simple ain’t it! Try it 👈. *You will find a few recipes on my Facebook page, if it helps 😁, want more professional recipes then check out PK’s Kitchen Equations @ 👉http://pkskitchenequations.com/ 👈
- Blogging – If you already have a website, blog, YouTube channel you don’t need my advise, if you don’t, then try working on one. It definitely sharpens your writing and expressive skills. Put up articles, posts, videos whatever you can think of. It expands your thought process and improves your language too! Well, @ https://the-silent-scream.com/ this is mine 😊
- Apps – Nowadays who doesn’t have a smartphone? When we have one, instead of using it for chatting or scrolling through social media apps, look into those that are productive as well as fun! Try Tinkle app if you are a comic lover. They are giving 1 month free subscription too. Or try Brain out, a gaming app with cool logical puzzles to give you that satisfaction of being silly. 😀
- Clean up the Clutter – Remember that rack you were always scared to open? Or the one you always pile up stuff with? Now’s the time, open it. Feel free to throw away things that aren’t of any more use to you. De – clutter your shelf, home and mind.! Psychology says a relaxed mind comes from relaxed surroundings and happiness doubles when your surroundings are neat. Do it now!
- Explore your inner self – Sounds too boring, yes I know, but once you get into the groove it’s pretty interesting. Try taking some time for meditating daily, or taking a stroll in your garden or verandah ( strictly no walks outside home please, maintain social distancing ). Once things get back to normal, you are not going to get this time again, utilize it to cleanse yourself mentally. It should be like hitting the refresh button on the computer. Come out of lockdown fresh, clear and more happy than before.
You will be ready to rule again!!. 😎
Yeah, all of us are having a tough time with Corona virus all around, and all this stillness in our lives. But I always choose the positive side, so I am in fact finding time to do things I find interesting, you know cool things like gardening, reading, checking old pictures, hearing lots of music, well cooking ofcourse and movies.!!
I know movies are one of our favourite pass times, with lockdown or without!
So, I have got here a list of 10 good ones that I have recently seen, not restricted to a particular genre or language…its a mix up of all kinds, as I enjoy any genre, if the content is good. Do check out and put me a feedback.
Will be happy to hear from you people.! 🙂
- 10, 000 BC  – A prehistoric Action – Adventure
A film staged in the pre historic era and revolves around a love story of the lead characters. It’s good to see how destiny reveals itself because of unshakable love for someone. Worth watching.
2. Law Abiding Citizen  – Thriller
A crime, action drama based on the revenge of a guy who loses his family right in front of his eyes. It depicts how justice is sometimes denied owing to loopholes in the legal system and how much it affects the affected.!
3. Chef  – Family Drama
Want to watch a cool family film with everyone? Choose this. It’s a movie based on the life of a chef, who gets so absorbed in his routine, he forgets what he actually enjoys in life. It’s all about balancing yet finding happiness in our passion and life.!
4. 12 Years A Slave  – Drama/History
This Oscar winning, slave narrative drama based on a true story and inspired by the book on the same name is a must watch.
5. Avane Srimannarayana  – Fantasy Adventure Comedy
A kannada film, subtitles will help you like it helped me out, but a real entertaining movie. Dose of comedy, with a strong storyline and a different narration and taking, I would definitely recommend you to try this.
6. Kalki  – Action Thriller
A telugu film! 🙂 with a good storyline. This movie has one of those mythologically mixed up versions of the storyline which actually makes it interesting. Its based on the destiny of the lead character who was supposedly born to win over the existing atrocities in his surroundings. The narration with a hint of comedy in the lead character’s version makes it entertaining.
7. Untraceable  – Crime Thriller
A real gripping movie with a strong suspense story that revolves around a techie guy murdering people in live! If you enjoy thrillers, you are going to love this one.!
8. Crazy Rich Asians  – Romantic Comedy
This movie is one of my favorites! A feel good love story of a strong, independent woman who goes a long way trying to protect her relationship with the man she loves. The emotion, love and the struggle is all worth it. For people who cry watching movies, this is another one for you ! 😀
9. Hit  – Mystery/Thriller
Another telugu movie :), a recent release. Though I am not sure how it fared in the box office, this is really worth a watch. The story is pretty interesting and keeps you glued to your seat. This movie is probably going to have sequels, as this is called ‘Hit – The First Case’. Watch it!
10. Section 375  – Drama
A legal drama, this hindi movie depicts how Indian law can be manipulated. The story revolves around a rape case, poking into all the loopholes of evidence, clearly portraying how everything can be manipulated to win/lose a case. Definitely an insightful movie.!
So, here it is, my list of 10 recommendations as of now, will get more soon! And yes, most of them can be streamed on Amazon Prime @ https://www.primevideo.com/
Good time watching !!! 🙂 Cheers.!!
That’s how you see the light! 😃